Most current Photo Voltaic solar systems are typically designed for land-based applications and require large tracts of land which could otherwise be used for agriculture, housing or industrial construction. There are a few water surface based systems which have been developed, however these are still costly when compared to standard land-based systems.
The breakthrough Solaris Synergy system has a unique design concept, based on individually floating modules contained within a light-weight tension based,floating grid. This design offers several advantages over competitive solutions:
- The use of a unique design, many standard off-the-shelf elements forconstruction and inexpensive materials leads to lower Total Cost of Ownership.
- Use of standard PV modules ensuring low cost and high reliability over
- A unique, patented design provides self-regulation of panel angle
under varying wind loads, allowing the installation of the system in
regions of very high wind speed, even up to hurricane levels!
- The system is agnostic as to water depth and unaffected by changes
in water level.
- The structure has a very low physical profile providing a minimal visual
impact – a key environmental consideration.
- The construction materials are all environmentally friendly and safe for
use in the water and there is no leaching of any chemicals into the
- Modularity of construction makes the system easily scalable and cost
effective over a large range of installations providing flexibility and
speed of deployment.
- The open structure of the system ensures adequate aeration of the
water as well as natural light penetration and presents no hazard to